Camp Director: Mike Tremblay
with: Patrick Denison
Date: Five days, July 2 – 6, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday Afternoon: Saxophone Concert
For: any saxophonist with one year experience to advanced, students grades 7 to 12 and adults.
Maximum camp size: 24
Fee: $475 (non-refundable)
Location: Alcorn Music Studios, 953 Gladstone Avenue
Registration Deadlines: Register by June 14th, 2018.
Late registration until June 28th (no t-shirt).
To register click here to download a fillable MS word doc. and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org or download and print off and mail to Alcorn Music Studios, 953 Gladstone Ave., Ottawa ON, K1Y 3E5
What it’s all about…
- Rehearse and perform with a quartet or quintet
- Quartets will be formed based on students age and skill level.
- Students will work through challenging material of varying styles, and will perform at a public concert at the end of the week.
Jazz Improvisation Workshops
- Students will be divided into beginner and intermediate/advanced classes, and sessions will be aimed at developing specific improvising techniques.
- Players will be given a theoretical approach, then learn to apply it to a blues, modal, and standard repertoire.
- Participate in a jam session and play with a professional rhythm section.
Special sessions dealing with various topics as they relate specifically to the saxophone, such as practicing, playing and performing; these will be given by Mike Tremblay.
Saxophone Choir and Chamber Groups
- There are two or three chamber groups, each of a different size.
- The largest ensemble is the saxophone choir.
Intermediate and advanced sessions are held where students learn how to improve their sight-reading skills.
- Students must provide their own instrument. (exceptions apply for baritone sax)
- All rehearsal, workshops and masterclasses will be held at Alcorn Music Studios
- Those students new to the camp may be required to participate in an informal placement audition at the beginning of camp.
- all music and a music folder.
- overnight instrument lock up.
What to bring:
- your instrument.
- your own reeds.
- your lunch or signed permission to leave the premises and purchase lunch nearby.
- refillable water bottle.
Saxophone Camp Concert
Friday, 2:00 PM at Vimy Brewing Company
1-145 Loretta Avenue North (just behind the Alcorn Music Studios building)
Have questions? please call us! 613-729-0693 or email: email@example.com
Thank you to MusiCare for providing bari’s and sopranos.
Thank you to St.John’s Music for your continuous support.